[agl-discussions] [dev] CES / automotive

Andersson, Gunnar gunnar.x.andersson at volvocars.com
Mon Jan 30 11:25:39 UTC 2017

>On Jan 6, 2017 5:37 PM, "Philippe Coval" <philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 1:50 AM, 홍문기 <moonki1.hong at samsung.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all, I would like to introduce one of my colleague, Sanjeev Ba,
>>> who has contributed a lot to IoTivity w.r.t. interoperability with
>>> Genivi since very early last year. And I would also like to suggest
>>> you to visit OCF public demo booth at Sands hall, if you are at CES
>>> now.
>>> Automotive demo powered by IoTivity, which is interoperable with
>>> Genevi, is demonstrated now and Sanjeev is on the stage there.
>>
>> Thanks Mooki for this notification about CES, and  good luck to Sanjeev
>> !
>
>> For those who are in las vegas, OCF has a booth (40930) at CES, there is
>> an orange JRL car with a giant GENIVI sticker on it and demos about
>> smarthome, automotive etc with W3C and Tizen gadgets too ...

This email is very late on this mail thread, but I have been looking for a chance
to share my experience since I spent quite a long time in the OCF booth
while we were setting up an interview about the GENIVI RVI protocols and
the vehicle aspect of this showcase.

I just want to say that Sanjeev did a fantastic job!  He worked very hard
to demo the technology for the video recording part of the report and
keeping track of several groups at the same time.  Some Samsung VIP groups
came through to see the demonstration at the same time and Sanjeev
managed to handle it all.

Now get this - everything broke down when some random visitor sat inside
the car and decided to pull out cables to the electronics!!  Sanjeev managed
to get things running quickly again.

So a personal note from me, and I think I can extend a thanks from all of
GENIVI to Sanjeev for the professional handling of this in a stressful and
difficult time.

Cheers to all vehicle connectivity friends!

- Gunnar

--
Gunnar Andersson
Lead Architect, GENIVI Alliance