[agl-discussions] Playing music with mediaplayer app

Dinh, Kien T kien.t.dinh at intel.com
Tue Jan 31 05:24:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

I’m trying to use the mediaplayer app to play some music. I copied some mp3 files to /usr/share/media and ensured that lightmediascanner.service running. However the app screen didn’t show anything for playing.

Trying the lightmediascannerctl and got the following result:

#lightmediascannerctl scan
Server at :1.11, try to start scan
Scan Progress video:/usr/share/media uptodate=0, processed=0, deleted=0, skipped=25, errors=0
Scan Progress picture:/usr/share/media uptodate=0, processed=0, deleted=0, skipped=25, errors=0
Scan Progress multimedia:/usr/share/media uptodate=0, processed=0, deleted=0, skipped=25, errors=0
Scan Progress playlist:/usr/share/media uptodate=0, processed=0, deleted=0, skipped=25, errors=0
Scan Progress audio:/usr/share/media uptodate=0, processed=0, deleted=0, skipped=25, errors=0
Elapsed time: 0.082 seconds

It looks like it saw the files but skipped all of them.

Is lightmediascanner.service required for the mediaplayer app, and how can I play music with the mediaplayer?

Thanks,
Kien

--
Kien T. Dinh