[agl-discussions] [RFC] Development / Gerrit Workflow tuning
jsmoeller at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Feb 7 15:07:57 UTC 2018
Hi all !
As a follow-up of today's SAT call we'd like to gather your feedback about the
current gerrit workflow and how we can improve it.
Please reply with your thoughts:
- what is working good and should be kept as-is ?
- what is slowing us down ?
- what else would you change ?
For the next development cycle, we'd like to gather your feedback on the
proposed adaptations for the gerrit process:
- We want to increase the number of maintainers with merge access to
avoid bottlenecks and speed-up the flow of code.
- Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers (>=3)
- src / staging would have a set of maintainers (>=5)
- Maintainers would be nominated by the community and approved by SAT
- Maintainers get +2 and merge rights in gerrit
- gerrit will be adapted to:
-- ignore the vote of the submitter/owner of the patch (no vote on own patch)
-- votes become additive (e.g. +2 & +2 = +4)
--- e.g. a +4 is required for merge
--- up for discussion
--- if +2 [=1*+2 merger review or as option 2*+1 normal reviews]
--- or +4 [= 2*+2 merger review or as option 4*+1 normal reviews]
-- all src / staging repos need to go through gerrit reviews going forward
(no more direct push)
Please tell us your thoughts about the above questions and the proposal.
AGL Release Manager
More information about the automotive-discussions