[agl-discussions] ivi-shell layer visibility problem

Jan Lübbe jlu at pengutronix.de
Mon Feb 12 16:40:20 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've been trying to run the 5.0.1 demo on an i.MX6 with etnaviv. After
updating libdrm, gstreamer, mesa, meson and wayland to the versions in
OE rocko or master, wayland-ivi-extension to 2.1 and finally agl-
service-windowmanager-2017 to master it mostly works.

One problem I see is that the layer visibilities don't seem to work
consistently:
1. On some boots, the UI is invisible and only "LayerManagerControl set
surface 1 visibility" makes it show up.
2. Even on "good" boots, if I then start an app (which works fine), I
can't switch back to the home screen. Running "LayerManagerControl set
layer 1001 visibility 0" makes it visible again.

So it seems that the window manager (?) is not handling visibility
correctly in all cases. Is that a known problem? Also, is there some
documentation on how it is supposed to work?

Best regards,
Jan Lübbe