[agl-discussions] Naviagation app with maps

Duraisamy, Srinath srinath.duraisamy at intel.com
Tue Feb 13 00:37:58 UTC 2018

Thanks for the steps. It worked.

Regards
Srinath

From: automotive-discussions-bounces at lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:automotive-discussions-bounces at lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source)
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 2:27 AM
To: automotive-discussions at lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: Re: [agl-discussions] Naviagation app with maps

Le 10/02/2018 à 03:45, Duraisamy, Srinath a écrit :

Hi,

I would like to demo AGL with maps working.
I got to know it supports only Japan and UK maps.
But how can I download the maps and see the app working ??

It would be very helpul, if you can provide  the steps or document about it.
Good idea. I have added a chapter in the Troubleshooting section, but it will requires 24 hours before being visible on the Doc web site.
In the mean time please find here a short HowTo.

a) Method 1 on target download.
===========================
 1) Install the new image on the target
 2) boot a first time to install the demo Apps
 3) execute the scripts
  - /usr/AGL/apps/download_mapdata_uk.sh
    or
  - /usr/AGL/apps/download_mapdata_jp.sh

b) At image creation
================
Download on your build machine the desire maps and uncompress them on your target image before 1st boot.
Quicker and does not require to have the network enabled on the target device.
Map can be found here.
 http://agl.wismobi.com/data/japan_TR9/navi_data.tar.gz
 http://agl.wismobi.com/data/UnitedKingdom_TR9/navi_data_UK.tar.gz

Once that you have built your image on the SD card, uncompress the desired map in on the SD card at the position /YourMountPoint/var/mapdata
(YourMountPoint will vary with your build system).

Thanks
Srinath

Dominig ar Foll

Senior Software Architect