[agl-discussions] Bluetooth audio?

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at xevo.com
Thu Feb 15 03:46:48 UTC 2018

Hello.

Looks like Raspbian now uses bluez-alsa (https://github.com/Arkq/bluez-alsa) to support bluetooth audio without using pulseaudio.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbian-stretch/

>For Stretch, we are using the bluez-alsa package to make Bluetooth audio work with ALSA itself.

Any experience with it (well I should be trying it also..) and any decision on using it for the AGL distribution, with reduced pulseaudio dependency?

By the way, I can see there is a good detailed observation of PA, which I wanted to read before:

https://gavv.github.io/blog/pulseaudio-under-the-hood/

It has "Partially or completely disable PulseAudio" section, where it mentions about bluez-alsa project, but I am not sure if it is the only project for the same goal.