[agl-discussions] [GSoC] Interested in working on AGL for GSoC 2018

Kushal K S V S kkushal32 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 17:36:54 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,
I am Kushal. I was going through the project lists for GSoC 2018 and found
AGL really interesting. I really like the idea and I could see how this can
be the next big thing. I would love to contribute to this project.
I am interested in working on Task#1 ( writing demonstrator Applications )
in the project ideas list as my project this summer. I worked for 'The
FreeType Org' in last year's GSoC (2017). I would say I am really
comfortable and experienced working on C/C++ projects.
Right now, I am going through the docs, building the Source Code on Linux
with VMware and setting up SDK using docker. I am running into this problem
when I follow the SDK Quick Setup guide.

KUSHALs-MBP:docker-worker-generator kushalksvs$ ./contrib/create_container 0

Using instance ID #0 (user kushalksvs)

Unable to find image 'docker.automotivelinux.org/agl/worker-generic:5.0'
locally

docker: Error response from daemon: Get
https://docker.automotivelinux.org/v2/: Service Unavailable.

See 'docker run --help'

Any references and/or instructions I should read through first / are
helpful?
How to proceed further. Also what are the space requirements for this ?

Thank you.