[agl-discussions] Flounder demo

Marc Murphy marc.murphy at sancloud.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 09:39:33 UTC 2018

Hello All
I have managed to get a build of Flounder booting on our BBE board (based on a beaglebone black) and would like to know if there are any setup requirements to get the demo application to launch.

On boot most services seem to start, we get the psplash screen and some messages scrolling on the progress bar.  Watson application doesn't seem to be started.  Is there a filesystem or hardware requirement for it to start?

Last part of the boot log causes the system to go into recovery mode;

[  OK  ] Listening on Load/Save RF Kill Switch Status /dev/rfkill Watch.
         Starting Load/Save RF Kill Switch Status...
[  OK  ] Started Load/Save RF Kill Switch Status.
[***   ] A start job is running for dev-mmcblkp1.device (33s / 1min 30s)[   37.322585] random: crng init done
[ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-mmcblkp1.device.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for /boot.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File Systems.
[  OK  ] Closed Syslog Socket.
[  OK  ] Reached target Login Prompts.
         Starting Network Service...
[  OK  ] Reached target Host and Network Name Lookups.
[  OK  ] Reached target Bluetooth.
[  OK  ] Reached target Sound Card.
[  OK  ] Reached target cynara sockets.
[  OK  ] Reached target Sockets.
         Starting Rebuild Journal Catalog...
         Starting Rebuild Dynamic Linker Cache...
[  OK  ] Started Emergency Shell.
         Starting Create Volatile Files and Directories...
[  OK  ] Reached target Emergency Mode.
[  OK  ] Reached target Timers.
[  OK  ] Started Network Service.
[  OK  ] Started Rebuild Journal Catalog.
[  OK  ] Reached target Network.
[  OK  ] Started Create Volatile Files and Directories.
         Starting Update UTMP about System Boot/Shutdown...
[  OK  ] Started Rebuild Dynamic Linker Cache.
[  OK  ] Started Update UTMP about System Boot/Shutdown.
         Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes...
         Starting Update is Completed...
[  OK  ] Started Update is Completed.
[  OK  ] Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes.
You are in emergency mode. After logging in, type "journalctl -xb" to view
system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot, "systemctl default" or ^D to boot
into default mode.
Press Enter for maintenance
(or press Control-D to continue):

Wondering why it would be waiting for dev-mmcblkp1.device. and what is supposed to be on it ?

Kind Regards
Marc