[agl-discussions] System time from GPS

Jason Reich jasonr at idwtechnologies.com
Tue Oct 30 20:14:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm working on an M3+Kingfisher with Flounder, and our builds are always booting with date/time set to the build time (the M3 doesn't have any RTC).  For our demo setups I'm trying to get the system time set, using GPS if possible.

I understand that the eventual architecture is to use the GPS signal to acquire a time, rather than using any network time (as described in the AGL Requirements Specification).  But I can't see anything in the OS starting in this direction.  The KF has a GPS and I can get time from it, but am I missing something in the OS or the AGL build that will start to integrate GPS time with the system time?

Right now I've got connman configured to perform a network time sync, so I've got things functional.  But is there any way in today's FF builds to use GPS to set the system time?

thanks

Jason.