[agl-discussions] 4a-play on M3

I37546_CHIN at AISIN-AW.CO.JP I37546_CHIN at AISIN-AW.CO.JP
Wed Oct 31 09:08:22 UTC 2018

Hi Loic

Thank you for the reply.

In fact I’ve also read the HAL’s docs, but still not very clearly about the relationship of HAL’s and device.
Maybe I missed something and if you could give some more advice it could be very helpful.

I can see hal-4a-rcar-m3 is currently applied on my M3(SK) board and the roles of radio/multimedia/emergency/navigation are available
through the 4a-api commands.

But I still don’t understand why only the pair of USB Audio + hw:2,0,0 works well.

I can find a card 1 for ak4613 (card 0 is for loopback) and an on-board earphone output,
but hw:1,0,0 always returns a device busy.
(and hw:2,0,1 also returns a device busy, no matter which role is used)

Thanks
ChenWei
From: Loïc [mailto:loic.collignon at iot.bzh]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:22 PM
To: I37546 Chin I
Cc: automotive-discussions at lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: Re: [agl-discussions] 4a-play on M3

Hello!

I agree that the note on 4a-play isn't clear enough. What it means is that the command does not check if you specify the right role according to the right device.
So if you play something on a PCM (i.e. hw:2,0,0) but specify the wrong role (i.e. navigation which is supposed to be on hw:2,0,1), it means that the wrong role will be opened, preventing others to open the same role.
But you will still play on the specified PCM (hw:2,0,0 in this case).

So nothing to do with USB or not.

The PCM exposed by 4a are streams, handled by the softmixer.
Their ID are hw:X,0,Y, where X is the card number and Y is the stream id.
Usually X=2 because it's the second audio card. But it can depend on the hardware.
4a binds roles to streams, so everything depends on the selected HAL: http://docs.iot.bzh/docs/apis_services/en/dev/reference/audio/high-level-api/TipsAndTricks/HALs.html
---
Regards,
Loïc Collignon [IoT.bzh]