[Bitcoin-development] DNS seeds returning gone peers

Douglas Huff dhuff at jrbobdobbs.org
Wed Aug 3 14:28:59 UTC 2011

There's a bigger problem here honestly. The p2p network is just starved for
connectable slots.

You can start up a bitcoind, on a host with sufficient connectivity, with
-maxconnections=512 and they will fill in <15 minutes.

As to why sort by version: <=3.23 has problems serving the blocks from the
last 2 months. It can take days to weeks to get the whole chain if you're
connecting to those nodes.

--
Douglas Huff
On Aug 3, 2011 9:18 AM, "Rick Wesson" <rick at support-intelligence.com> wrote:
> Starting from bitcoinj, I have plenty of ways to publish DNS. Why sort
them
> by version? Ordering from highest to lowest?
>
> how about publishing addresses under version.example.com if you version
has
> a perfrence?
>
> -rick
>

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
>
>> There's no project currently :-)
>>
>> Starting from Matts code is probably the way to go. It's written in PHP.
>> Alternatively, you could write a Java app for it, as there are drop-in
DNS

rick at support-intelligence.com