[Bitcoin-development] New standard transaction types: time to schedule a blockchain split?

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:57:11 UTC 2011

This discussion is convincing me that scheduling a blockchain split is
definitely the wrong idea at this time.  We can revisit in N months,
when we've got a roadmap and nice unit tests and a bunch of
well-tested patches for fixing all of the things that aught to be
fixed when we DO decide a blockchain split is necessary.

There seems to be rough consensus that new, imperfect standard
transactions are a good-enough short term solution.

Gavin Andresen