[Bitcoin-development] [BIP 15] Aliases

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 22:25:42 UTC 2011

OK, my thoughts. My order of preference is: web service, server service, DNS TXT records.

FirstBits + Vanitygen is out of the question in my mind. Not robust enough.

I like web service since anyone can trivially set one up. You can provide a PHP script and a text file (that users edit) that people upload to XFreeWebHost and then they're instantly set to go. Setting up a web host is very easy nowadays- as easy as click click click.

The other ideas are not so easy.

Also HTTPS + CA is the most secure of the bunch.

I'm curious to hear any other ideas too.

Thanks.