[Bitcoin-development] Fwd: [BIP 15] Aliases

Jorge Timón timon.elviejo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 12:32:27 UTC 2011

No decentralized solution for non-fixed addresses comes to mind.
If we're going to always rely on servers, we should definitely offer
dynamic addresses.

There was a bitcoin service in the forum to which merchants send
different addresses and the service manages the payments for the
merchant without holding his private keys. The service identified each
shopping cart by a combination of the total amount and the selected
address for that cart. I don't remember the name of the service
though.
It could easily implement aliases (the same alias for various rotating
addresses). Of course, the service provider still knows your income
and you still need to provide new addresses to maintain your privacy.
I say this just in case it inspires someone.