[Bitcoin-development] [BIP 15] Aliases

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 23:56:02 UTC 2011

This is maybe the best idea. I added it:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0015#IP_Transactions

Things I like about this:
- IP transactions are useful, but have a security flaw. This mitigates their security problems.
- The code for IP transactions is already in Satoshi client. If other clients want to add IP transactions, then it can be done with minimal fuss/bloat.
I feel that for any protocol extension, less is more. The less code
needed, the better the extension. Not always but generally we want to
avoid bitcoin protocol bloat which *will* happen far in the future. The
only way to mitigate how spaghettified the standard will be in the
future, is by careful cautious planning now.

- We can have a proxy node running 24/7 for us, serving our public keys in lieu of us.