[Bitcoin-development] Fwd: [BIP 15] Aliases

slush slush at centrum.cz
Fri Dec 16 16:36:43 UTC 2011

OK, I'm ignoring your sarcastic style, I just wanted to support the URL
idea, which is KISS attitude, in the oposite of everything else proposed
here. I'm really affraid of over-engineering the aliases, which will make
it hard to implement in clients. Somebody noticed account implementation in
standard client - yes, it's good example of fail.

I still don't see any serious issue with the URL proposals. And sipa's idea
of posting back the transaction ID is also interesting, prividing yet
another flexibility in implementation and possible usage.

Btw, Rick, feel free to provide me some relevant RFCs which are solving
similar problems like BIP 15. And no, it's not sarcasm, I really want to
learn something new. Until now I just feel we're reinventing wheel or
raping some stuff which we should not touch at all (DNS).

slush