[Bitcoin-development] [BIP 15] Aliases

Jordan Mack jordanmack at parhelic.com
Mon Dec 19 17:04:34 UTC 2011

I still think HTTPS should be used, at the minimum. Using HTTPS is
standard to every website out there that deals with financials, even if
it is not a perfect system. Why should Bitcoin adopt a more lax policy
than everyone else?

I thought that JSON support was fairly common these days. I personally
prefer XML in most cases, but since JSON is already used with the RPC,
it seemed like a natural fit here. Binary data can be base64 encoded,
although I'm not sure why you would need to send back binary in an alias
response.

What exactly do you mean by "custom output script"?