[Bitcoin-development] [BIP 15] Aliases

Jordan Mack jordanmack at parhelic.com
Mon Dec 19 18:52:54 UTC 2011

I believe I'm missing something here. I was under the interpretation
that alias resolution was going the KISS route, of basically a single
HTTP request and response. How do you see binary data fitting into this?

I'm not going to pretend that I know all the details of the difficulties
that were encountered with JSON-RPC. But in the argument of developer
accessibility, it still serves a purpose. If JSON-RPC support is
removed, you will immediately lose a large pool of high level language
developers. I would hope that support would not be dropped, even if it
only remains as a secondary protocol with limited capability. Most high
level developers are only going to use it for basic functions anyhow.