[Bitcoin-development] [BIP 15] Aliases

Jordan Mack jordanmack at parhelic.com
Mon Dec 19 19:22:59 UTC 2011

If alias resolution was guaranteed to always be just the address, then
yes, I would opt for no serialization at all. A simple plain text
response of an address is about as simple as it can get.

There are already a lot of good ideas floating around about how the
alias protocol could be extended. Is it really going to stay that simple
for long? I would personally much just have a serialized response
upfront, rather than having to worry about backward compatibility in the
future.