[Bitcoin-development] [BIP 15] Aliases

Jordan Mack jordanmack at parhelic.com
Mon Dec 19 20:03:09 UTC 2011

I wish that was the case. It would have made my life a lot easier in the
past. A lot of the MIME libraries out there are extremely buggy. MIME is
just difficult to work with, and support is still weak.

Undefined content length + text based boundaries = pain in the ass.

It is in the e-mail module because that's all MIME was originally
intended for. It's now grown beyond that now, but you will find the MIME
functions still live in the e-mail libraries. When dealing with raw MIME
encoded data, e-mail is still the most common case.