[Bitcoin-development] Protocol extensions

Jordan Mack jordanmack at parhelic.com
Wed Dec 21 17:17:01 UTC 2011

I think it would be a lot more than that. According to the Scalability
page (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability) if Bitcoin took over all
credit card transactions, that would be about 1.14GB per block. I
believe that is 58.5PB per year. (6*24*365*1.14/1024) This would also
mean the distribution of 2MB of block data per second, which doesn't
include broadcast overhead.