[Bitcoin-development] Encrypted Wallet Backward Compatibility

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 02:26:17 UTC 2011

> Despite this being quick, I really want to get 0.3.24 out and rolling so
> that we have us much lead time on 0.4 as possible

Agreed.

> All that needs to happen for that is to agree on either
> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/378 or
> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/381'

I don't think 0.3.24 "needs" either of those pulls.  Fixing
downgrade-to-0.3.24 is low on the priority list, because
downgrade-to-something-before-0.3.24 is just about as likely, and that
has to do something mostly reasonable.

I just pulled https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/379 "Do not use
comma as thousands separator", and pulled a block-chain lock-in at
block 13444.  Those were the only issues I think really need to be in
0.3.24.

Gavin Andresen