[Bitcoin-development] The forums...

John Smith witchspace81 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 11:07:02 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Matt Corallo <bitcoin-list at bluematt.me>wrote:

> If we had the moding power, yes, but we don't have nearly enough people
> who could mod such a forum.

I think a simpler forum would also be easier to moderate. Main criterion: is
it helpful to users? If not, lock/remove it.

Two categories: Technical Support, Development (which can be split up
between client work, and other software/websites integrating bitcoin).

Those two can be replicated per language if a large enough group exists in
that country that is also willing to maintain order.

I have no problems with volunteering some time moderating, but not on the
current forums.

If this is really a capacity issue then IMO we should simply remove the link
and come up with an alternative medium to address user issues (such as a
moderated mailing list).  But I don't really believe this. There's a ton of
successful forums that did pick the right structure and helpful moderators,
and a lot of them are volunteer-driven.

JS