[Bitcoin-development] Fw: Seeking advice: Encouraging bug-fixing over new features

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 00:02:13 UTC 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Amir Taaki <zgenjix at yahoo.com>
To: John Smith <witchspace81 at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Seeking advice: Encouraging bug-fixing over new features

I already tried the bounties route- made a forum thread offering $4000 worth of bounties and it got very few  responses before dropping off the page.

Also, http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=4761.0 and http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=4543.0

In the end I came to the conclusion that the only was is to bring in projects and pay people to work fulltime on Bitcoin under an organisation.