[Bitcoin-development] Preparing 0.3.23-rc1 release

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at exmulti.com
Sun Jun 12 02:23:58 UTC 2011

Current git HEAD has been proposed to Gavin & the rest of the dev team
as 0.3.23-rc1.

As soon as Gavin gives his ACK, we have builds ready to upload.

We wanted this to be a fast, bugfix-only release.  The main focus was
to deploy a fix for connections taking forever, due to a large portion
of the network not accepting incoming TCP connections.

git shortlog for 0.3.23-rc1 (presuming Gavin's ACK):
Dean Lee (1):
      Updated Chinese Simp translation

Doug Huff (3):
      Fix rfc1918 and rfc3927 compliance for ignoring non-internet-routable host
      Add common temp files to .gitignore.
      Demystify a few magic numbers.

Han Lin Yap (2):
      Added Swedish translation
      Remove unused variable

Jeff Garzik (4):
      Bump version to 0.3.23.
      Reduce minimum TX fee for new transactions, to 0.0005.
      Lower minimum relay TX fee to 0.0001 (from 0.0005) BTC.
      Add minimal release process docs.

Matt Corallo (1):
      Fix CPU Usage bug when using -nolisten and have no connections.

Nils Schneider (1):
      create keypool in LoadWallet()

Pieter Wuille (3):
      Update transactions already in the wallet when rescanning.
      Fix for small change outputs
      Faster timeout when connecting

--
Jeff Garzik