[Bitcoin-development] [PULL] Add scriptPubKey enforced sendescrow and redeemescrow API calls

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Wed Jun 22 16:02:05 UTC 2011

> All of which makes me wonder if the straightforward "n PUBKEYS m
> CHECKMULTISIG" transaction type is the right thing to do.

As far as I understand the only reason for hashing the public key is
for typing convenience. Otherwise we'd all just pass raw public keys
around and use the simple form seen in the direct-to-ip case.

But as there'd need to be a higher level protocol on top of the
multipay transactions in order to verify who the other parties are,
there's no need for typing convenience. It'd all be done
automatically.