[Bitcoin-development] multisig, op_eval and lock_time/sequence...

Alan Reiner etotheipi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 14:43:37 UTC 2011

That's what my proposal was for, in BIP 0010:

https://github.com/genjix/bips/blob/master/bip-0010.md

However, I just found a minor problem with it that should be addressed
if we want to enable super-lightweight clients that only sign tx's
without needing the blockchain.  Simply that the TxIns don't contain the
value of the TxOuts they are spending, which means the dumb tx-signers
with no blockchain can't tell how much input there is.  They can only
see the output values and recipients, which means they can't figure out
the tx fee, or how much money is in each of the TxIns they are signing.

And most users/clients will have access to the blockchain, so it's not a
dealbreaker.  But it's something to consider.  Otherwise, I think this
is a big step towards bringing this complicatedprotocol a little closer
to Earth...