[Bitcoin-development] multisig, op_eval and lock_time/sequence...

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 19:13:54 UTC 2011

> 1. from client1 I issue a transaction containing one of the signatures, with a locktime e.g. 10 minutes from now and a sequence of 0. This transaction is now posted to the p2p network.

As Alan said, that won't work-- it will not be relayed across the
network because it isn't a valid transaction until it has enough
signatures.

> Alternatively, the transactions would need to be sent between clients using another protocol...

Formats and protocols for gathering signatures are in the TODO
category-- Alan's BIP 10 is the next piece of the puzzle, maybe a
standardized http/https RESTful API, or HTTP/JSON, or protocol buffers
and raw sockets, or... something... solution (or solutions) built on
top of that makes sense.

I don't think partially-signed transactions belong on the main Bitcoin
P2P network, mostly because I don't see any way of preventing somebody
from endlessly spamming bogus, will-never-be-completed partial
transactions just to be annoying.

Gavin Andresen