[Bitcoin-development] multisig, op_eval and lock_time/sequence...

Michael Grønager gronager at ceptacle.com
Wed Nov 9 20:03:44 UTC 2011

Hi Gavin / Alan,

Agree that we would also need to consider these "half" transaction valid. At least for the time being up to the lock_time, and one could have an extra constrain - that the lock_time should be within e.g. 30minutes that would avoid the will-never-be-completed cases.

My main concern when it comes to introducing other protocols is that they might never be standard (I think a great number of clients will emerge - and this would be a thing to compete on). If it is part of the p2p network it will be a seamless standard and easy for everyone to use, even across different clients. But I share your concern on the

I can, however, also understand your worries, and some other constraints should be introduced to ensure that not even short time spamming is possible...

/M