[Bitcoin-development] Wallet encryption issue

Alan Reiner etotheipi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:11:19 UTC 2011

Sorry guys, I just realized I should've posted this to the dev list
first, before/instead of putting it on the forums.

    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=51474

*I still have some of my private keys in plaintext. *I would guess that
BSDDB sometimes will "overwrite" data by just discarding a pointer to
the old data, and writing the replacement to a new location within the
file.  In that case, examining the file with a BSDDB library tool is not
going to find this problem.  You'll have to examine the raw binary file
as I did.  Instructions for verifying this problem are in the post.

Can someone please verify that this is a real problem?  (and should we
maybe remove my post until there's a remediation plan?  This is problem
the best kind of problem to disclose after it's fixed)
-Alan