[Bitcoin-development] multisig, op_eval and lock_time/sequence...

Alan Reiner etotheipi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:10:24 UTC 2011

Maybe I'm new to this, but this doesn't make any sense.  I thought the
point of the BIP was to collaborate to come up with a good solution.
That's exactly what I want to do before I implement it in my software.
After all, they are "Bitcoin Improvement *Proposals*."  It seems like
EXACTLY what a BIP is for... just no one needs/should use it until it
removes the "draft" marking.

As for the protocol on top of it, my BIP was not intended to address
that.  It's only proposing how unsigned transactions can be serialized
and users can collect addresses.  Whatever system you want to implement
on top of it to exchange the data is up to the developer.  My only
motivation is that if the user clicks "Save this proposal to file", that
any client can use the resulting file, just the same way we serialize
any other blockdata that has a consistent representation.

-Alan