[Bitcoin-development] Release candidates: versions 0.4.1 and 0.5

Tadas Varanavicius tadas.varanavicius at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 23:25:39 UTC 2011

Hello,

newbie here, thanks for patience.

I start 0.5.0 without wallet.dat. It creates 100 new keys. I then
encrypt them. It should be now bug free and totally secure, so I back
the wallet up. I then click "new address", it doesn't use the old 2-100
addresses, instead generates a new batch, because it assumes the old
ones are leaked, but in fact they are not. I receive funds to my new 2nd
address (which is now not backed up). I lose the new wallet. Restore
from backup. Bitcoins lost forever?

Sorry if false alarm, thanks.

--
Tadas Varanavičius