[Bitcoin-development] Release candidates: versions 0.4.1 and 0.5

Michael Hendricks michael at ndrix.org
Thu Nov 17 20:16:57 UTC 2011

2011/11/17 Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com>

> Testing the 0.5.0 in Linux, I see a strange behaviour:
>
>  1- Open qt-client, blockchain stops the downloading at 10%... Wait 30
> minutes... not reach 11%...
>
>  2- Close and reopen the qt-client, blockchain start again at 0%...
> Normal!?
>
>  3- Now the download of the blockchain is working, reach 15% and growing...

I've noticed this same behavior with 0.5 release candidates.  I remember
seeing it with 0.4 also, so I think it's not a regression.  I haven't yet
pinned down the cause.  It would be nice to fix; especially for those
downloading the blockchain for the first time.

 Also, where can I find the number of connections using new Bitcoin-QT?

Hover over the signal icon in the lower right corner.  The icon looks like
a cellphone signal indicator.  The number of connections is displayed in a
tooltip.

--
Michael