[Bitcoin-development] Addressing rapid changes in mining power

Andy Parkins andyparkins at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:39:10 UTC 2011

On 2011 November 23 Wednesday, Gavin Andresen wrote:

> Bitcoin as-is doesn't have the "I got lucky and found an extremely
> hard block" problem because the difficulty TARGET is used to compute
> chain difficulty, not the actual hashes found.

Good points.  I don't think I have a response to that one.

I saw the "I got lucky" result as a benefit, as it made it harder to fork the
chain.  We got an advantage from the luck.

I'll have to abandon this suggestion.  It's not going to work.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Andy

--
Dr Andy Parkins