[Bitcoin-development] Mac libboost_thread or thread-mt?

Matt Corallo bitcoin-list at bluematt.me
Wed Oct 5 14:37:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 16:40 -0700, Brian McQueen wrote:
> I installed boost via the mac ports.  Its got lobboost_thread-mt, but
> it doesn't have libboost_thread.a. Should I modify the makefile or get
> a different version of boost?

(from
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2293962/boost-libraries-in-multithreading-aware-mode)

The -mt suffix means built in multithreading aware mode (what this means
for a threading library I have no idea), however that suffix was removed
from Linux and Mac builds in 1.42.  If you are linking against 1.42+ on
Linux/Mac, adding/removing the -mt suffix means nothing AFAICT.

Matt