[Bitcoin-development] Please help test 0.5 release candidate 1

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:32:41 UTC 2011

Reposting from the forums:
  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47586

I just tagged the git tree "v0.5.0rc1". If you are able, please
compile and help test.

See the INSTALL file at the top of the source tree for instructions on
compiling. Binary releases for at least unix and mac should be
available in the next day or two (there is a show-stopper bug on
Windows, and we could use help from people familiar with
cross-compiling using mingw to update the Windows build process).

Major bugs you should be aware of:

Wallet does not relock on Win32

Major changes from version 0.4:

Switched from wxWidgets for the GUI to Qt, using Wladimir J. van der
Laan's bitcoin-qt. Why? We didn't have any wxWidgets programmers
contributing fixes or improvements.

New JSON-RPC commands:

getmemorypool : alternative to 'getwork' that provides everything
needed to construct a block with a custom generation transaction.
listsinceblock : Get all transactions in blocks since block [blockid]
signmessage/verifymessage : sign/verify a message with a wallet
public/private keypair

Deprecated JSON-RPC features:
'midstate' data item from getwork requests

Deprecated JSON-RPC commands that have been REMOVED:
setlabel
getlabel
getaddressesbylabel
getamountreceived
getallreceived
getreceivedbylabel
listreceivedbylabel

Run: git shortlog --no-merges v0.4.0..
... to get a complete list of changes, and thanks to everybody who is
contributing!

Gavin Andresen