[Bitcoin-development] Please help test 0.5 release candidate 1

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez clopez at igalia.com
Mon Oct 10 21:54:22 UTC 2011

On 10/10/11 18:32, Gavin Andresen wrote:
> I just tagged the git tree "v0.5.0rc1". If you are able, please
> compile and help test.

Compiled on Debian and running it :) I tested to encrypt my wallet
(coming from v0.3) and changed the password a couple of times without
problems.

> Switched from wxWidgets for the GUI to Qt, using Wladimir J. van der
> Laan's bitcoin-qt. Why? We didn't have any wxWidgets programmers
> contributing fixes or improvements

The new GUI looks nicer and more stylish than previous one. I am also
liking a lot the notifications and the system tray icon on the status bar.

Good work!