[Bitcoin-development] BIP process

Alex Waters ampedal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 05:02:17 UTC 2011

> • I propose that BIPs be wiki pages, with a social convention that the
> Author gets final word if any editing wars break out.

ACK

• If he's willing, I propose that Amir take the role of BIP editor.

> ACK

> • I think bitcoin is still too small to have a specialized
> "bitcoin-ideas" mailing list; I propose that new potential BIPs be
> discussed either here or on the bitcoin-dev mailing list.

ACK

As for what Nils mentioned on using GitHub's Wiki feature, Gavin seems to
have started a few proposals at
https://github.com/gavinandresen/bitcoin-git/wiki. I think this is the right
direction to head in, and a composite list of similar proposals could be
maintained on their own repository (to maintain separation from the core
Bitcoin repo.)

-Alex