[Bitcoin-development] BIP process

Christian Decker decker.christian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:27:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Alex Waters <ampedal at gmail.com> wrote:

>> • I propose that BIPs be wiki pages, with a social convention that the
>> Author gets final word if any editing wars break out.
>

> ACK

Does it have to be wiki pages if we're going through an editorial process
anyway, and there will be few who can actually edit the pages directly? I'd
go for simple HTML documents in a repository.

> • If he's willing, I propose that Amir take the role of BIP editor.
>>
>> ACK

ACK

>> • I think bitcoin is still too small to have a specialized
>> "bitcoin-ideas" mailing list; I propose that new potential BIPs be
>> discussed either here or on the bitcoin-dev mailing list.
>>

> ACK

Definitely. I don't think too many requests will come right away, and by
posting them here we make sure that the most knowledgeable people are there
to check and improve what might eventually end up in the clients.