[Bitcoin-development] 0.5 release updated

John Smith witchspace81 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 08:09:06 UTC 2011

> Better would be a GUI=0/1 option to the bitcoin-qt.pro until a nicer
> (ideally
> automake/autoconf) system is implemented...

Are you sure you want to require qmake for the daemon build?

I agree having a unified build system would be nice, but qmake doesn't add
anything for non-qt software. Better to stick with a makefile.

If the goal is 'making it easier for the user' maybe it'd be best to make a
bash script that wraps both, that builds the daemon if possible, and the UI
if possible, and converts command line flags.

JS