[Bitcoin-development] Alert System

John Smith witchspace81 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:37:01 UTC 2011

There is a lot of complaining about this alert system, but I really don't
see the problem.

As others have already said, it's just a message. Even if someone managed to
compromise the private key, the most they could do is spam graffiti messages
or try phishing. There are much worse things that could happen to the
network (in which case an alert system could come in very handy). It's just
not worth worrying about.

JS