[Bitcoin-development] Difficulty adjustment / time issues

Christian Decker decker.christian at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:06:08 UTC 2011

Am I the only one to think putting pools at a disadvantage is actually
desirable?
Back when pools started to appear we all had huge reservations about putting
so much control into the hands of a few pool operators, but nowadays it
seems that having pool operators control a vast majority of the
computational power is desired.
I do like pools (I use them myself), but we should put the security of the
protocol in first place and then only think about individual players.
Always remember that the problems pool operators encounter are likely also
the ones of a potential attacker that tries to accumulate 50%+ of the
network power :-)

Regards,
Chris