[Bitcoin-development] 0.4.x stable branch

theymos theymos at mm.st
Tue Sep 20 04:41:42 UTC 2011

On Monday, September 19, 2011 11:00 AM, "Luke-Jr" <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> The problem with the current development model is that bugfixes are
> done alongside improvements, and code changes *always* have the
> potential to introduce new bugs, no matter how careful anyone is. So
> to stay on top of bugfixes right now implies risking new bugs being
> introduced. What good is getting one bug fixed, if it comes with 20
> new yet-to-be-discovered bugs?

A stable version is a good idea. This is why I'm still using 0.3.19
(with some modifications): none of the bugfixes after this version help
me much, and I don't need any of the new features. I've also thought
about starting an unofficial stable version with my modifications to
0.3.19 and some backported bugfixes.