[Bitcoin-development] 0.4 Release Candidate 2

John Smith witchspace81 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:25:31 UTC 2011

2011/9/22 Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com>

> Hi everybody!!
>
>  This is my first message here... I'm ThiagoCMC at bitcointalk...
>
>  Well, one of the features that I like most is that, every time I receive
> some Bitcoin amount, a new address appear at my "AddressBook"automatically,
> AND, I like to track it.

Can I ask your rationale for this?

>From what I've noticed, most people's workflow is to create a new receiving
address for each new contact that sends them bitcoins (either for every
transaction, or they reuse the address for this person).  To make sure that
the address is labeled, they create it themselves and then give out the
generated address.

They are utterly spooked by suddenly appearing unlabeled addresses, of which
they are unsure whether they are used, and which can never be removed.

I'm fine with adding it back as an option but please leave it disabled by
default...

JS