[Bitcoin-development] Deprecating "midstate" in getwork?

solar solar at heliacal.net
Thu Sep 29 12:49:46 UTC 2011

It's just simple SHA2, you can implement the whole thing easily without dragging in a huge lib like OpenSSL.  I guess I haven't looked at it recently but the original CPU miner was just implemented locally in bitcoin and didn't use any libs.

It's just that because it's block based, there is no need to ever recalculate the first half since the brute forcing value is in the second half of the block..

This was the original prototype for the OpenCL miner without eliminating redundant calculations and it shows the block1 and block2 calculations clearly.

http://heliacal.net/~solar/bitcoin/sha256.cl

Laszlo