[Bitcoin-development] Network version increase

Pieter Wuille pieter.wuille at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:23:00 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Mike Hearn has submitted a pull request to add a pong message in reply to a ping.

This warrants an upgrade of the network protocol version number, which is since BIP14
independent from the version numbers of the reference client.

Any opinions about a numbering scheme? Currently the value 60000 is used. We could
simply start increasing the number one by one now for every change, or we could
do a "cleanup" to 100000 first, and start incrementing from there.

--
Pieter