[Bitcoin-development] Adding request/reply id in messages

Peter Vessenes peter at coinlab.com
Thu Apr 12 18:04:54 UTC 2012

I agree that it would be nice if the protocol stayed stateless.

I also think we should try and keep in our heads the aggregate
bitcoin-universe cost of implementing any protocol change; even a very
small change, something that truly only takes one hour of time from each
bitcoin node client developer to implement, test and bugfix (hah!) Has a
cost in the (tens?) of thousands of USD added up across those who need to
understand, implement, discuss, etc.

Peter

Peter J. Vessenes
CEO, CoinLab