[Bitcoin-development] Version 0.7 release planning

Geir Harald Hansen operator at bitminter.com
Sat Aug 11 16:43:28 UTC 2012

On 02.08.2012 18:43, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> There seems to be consensus that we should go ahead and do a release,
> before leveldb or ultraprune or anything major lands.  There is no
> major landmark feature, but just a useful collection of small changes.
>  It seems like a good time to Release Early, Release Often and make a
> checkpoint release.

Looks like much goodness in this version. Thanks for all this work.

Any chance that options to limit the size of blocks and prioritize paid
vs free txes could make it in?

By the way, by far the most common support request I have at my pool is
users withdrawing coins and not seeing it in their wallet because it's
not up-to-date with the block chain. Might be worth adding something in
the bitcoin-qt GUI to make it more obvious that users can't see new
transactions and why.

> 2) Translations update 2012-08-01 (fetched from Transifex)

I just now updated the Norwegian translation on Transifex, if you'd like
to do another pull before the release. For some reason there were many
strings I had already translated that now had no translation and had to
be done again (even ones that had the same English text). Many languages
are now only about 50% translated.

Also there were new duplicated strings:

"Verify a message to ensure it was signed with a specified Bitcoin address"
"Sign a message to prove you own a Bitcoin address"
"Clear &All"

These two seem odd:
Use UPnP to map the listening port (default: 0)
Use UPnP to map the listening port (default: 1 when listening)

Regards,
Geir H. Hansen, bitminter.com