[Bitcoin-development] BIP 35: add mempool message

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 18:20:55 UTC 2012

My thoughts:

The extension is simple. It's only really useful for the use-cases listed if the majority of nodes implement it. As I view the proposal, it is perfectly simple and uncomplicated. If it's implemented, then I suggest to just increment version and make it part of the protocol.

On the flipside it is another notch in complicating an already diffuse protocol, but it seems a rather benign offense in that regard compared to other changes (past and future).