[Bitcoin-development] BIP 35: add mempool message

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Aug 17 12:27:04 UTC 2012

I think MSG_TX is fine. Simply sending an inv to the other node at startup
would work, but it's better to request it explicitly as it will let the
connecting peer configure a bloom filter before requesting mempool
contents. It's already too heavy for mobile clients to download the entire
mempool contents at startup so I probably wouldn't implement/activate
support for this on the bitcoinj side until bloom filtering is done, and
then this BIP would have to be updated to reflect that the response from
mempool is filtered.